As a therapist working with many families living in poverty I quickly learned that one of their biggest needs is diapers. Time and time again I heard stories of what these desperate families were doing when they couldn't afford to buy more diapers. I knew something had to be done.
Diapers are not an allowed purchase from WIC or Food Stamps. Unfortunately countless diapers are thrown away (child outgrows the size before the package is finished, brand doesn’t fit right, etc.) or sitting somewhere collecting dust. Our goal is to prevent diapers from being wasted and provide them to struggling families.
What we will take
- new, unopened packs of diapers
- opened packs of diapers
- loose diapers (clean, of course!)
- gift cards to places that sell diapers (to be used only by staff, not given directly to families)
- unopened containers of wipes
- rewards points from Huggies (we use these to earn free diapers)
WHO WE HELP
- We provide diapers to social service agencies working with low income families to distribute as needed.